These 20 Viral Moments From Katt Williams’ Interview With Shannon Sharpe Have The Internet In A Chokehold
Katt Williams turned the entire internet upside down this past week. The legendary comedian stopped by Club Shay Shay, the YouTube series created by NFL Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe.
During the nearly 3 hour long interview, Katt took shots at a handful of comedians and celebs, and gave us our first viral moment of 2024.
So, I went ahead and compiled the 20 wildest moments from the interview. Buckle up.
1. Katt Williams claimed that in his first movie role, Friday After Next, he appealed to the cast and writers and got a rape scene removed from the script.
“The truth of the matter is, the Money Mike in the original script gets raped in the bathroom, and that’s what Rickey Smiley was okay with,” Katt told Shannon. “The problem with Friday After Next is we’re trying to make a classic comedy, and this comedy involves a rape, and rape is never funny no matter who it happens to or what the circumstances are.”
2. Katt went on to suggest Rickey Smiley, who played the villainous Santa Claus in Friday After Next, sacrificed his child for fame and that he lied about being up for the role of Money Mike before Katt.
“I don’t know why he would lose a child and come on the air and start lying,” Katt said of Smiley. “That’s why people believe in rituals right there… Your story is the Rickey Smiley that couldn’t even do curse words cause he had a Christian fan base, he was gonna play the pimp? Why you didn’t ask him why has he played a woman in more movies than he’s played a man? You wouldn’t let an athlete that’s been on steroids talk about one of the greats. Rickey Smiley can’t act cause Rickey Smiley can’t act.”
Ice Cube has since responded and claims there was never a rape scene in the script. “I would never shoot a rape scene in a movie, especially Friday, where you actually see this happening on camera. That ain’t my style,” Ice Cube said. “The plier joke was always in the script.”
Cube also stated that Rickey was up for the Money Mike role, however, Katt was a much better fit.
3. Katt then stated that he put it in his contract that Rickey would have to wear a dress if they ever appeared in the same movie again. He also managed to throw some shade at Tyler Perry in the process.
“He was so egregious I put in my contract that I wouldn’t work with Rickey Smiley again unless he’s in a dress,” Katt said. “Now what was Rickey Smiley’s next movie? Was it First Sunday? Did he wear a dress in it? You bet he did. It’s in my contract. That’s where he’s a believable actor. Him and Tyler Perry can’t play a man to save their life. They play good women, and I believe the best actor should be in the best role.”
Rickey has also responded to Katt.
4. Katt declared that veteran rapper and actor Ludacris joined the Illuminati to secure his Fast and the Furious deals.
Ludacris has since responded with a freestyle.
5. Katt Williams proclaimed that Kevin Hart is an industry plant. These two comedians have been going back and forth for years.
“In 15 years in Hollywood, no one in Hollywood has a memory of a sold-out Kevin Hart show,” he stated. “He already had his deals when he got here. Have we heard of a comedian that came to L.A., and in his first year in L.A., he had his own sitcom on network television and had his own film called Soul Plane that he was leading? No. We’ve never heard of that before that person or since that person. What do you think a plant is? Maybe people don’t understand the definition of these words.”
6. After that, Katt claimed that Kevin was a gatekeeper who let Tiffany Haddish into the comedy game. “They tell you there’s no gatekeepers, but we keep seeing the same person open the gate,” he said. “Didn’t Kevin let Tiffany in?”
Tiffany has also responded to Katt’s claims.
7. Katt, who has been beefing with Cedric the Entertainer for decades, went in on the original King of Comedy claiming that he isn’t funny.
“Remember, when Cedric the Entertainer starts, he’s supposed to be singing, dancing, and telling jokes. That’s why he’s called ‘The Entertainer.’ We found out he can’t sing, can’t dance, and doesn’t write jokes. He did four comedy specials. They’re so bad, Shannon, they’re not available on Netflix or Tubi. Can I say that again for the audience? They’re so bad that they’re not available on Netflix or Tubi.”
8. He continued to blast Cedric, claiming he stole one of his best jokes for the Kings of Comedy tour in the 90s.
“This is not just a random joke, this is my very best joke,” Katt explained. “I’m doing this joke, it’s on Comic View, Cedric comes to the Comedy Store, watches me in the audience. He comes backstage, he tells me what a great job I did and how much he loves the joke. Two years later he’s doing that as his last joke on the Kings of Comedy, and he’s doing it verbatim, he just changed my car into a spaceship.”
9. Katt had A LOT to say about Steve Harvey as well, from claiming his afro was fake, to making comments about his wife, to claiming that Steve stole material from Mark Curry.
“The same Steve that went to go watch Mark Curry do his whole sitcom and then stole everything Mark Curry had,” Katt stated. “Now Steve got a sitcom where he’s the principal, and he wears a suit. And then he gets this high-top fade, making all Black men think he got the best lineup in the business. And it’s a man unit.”
Winifred Hervey Productions/ Stan Lathan Television/ Columbia Pictures Television / Via Twitter: @unclescrooch
Katt then blasted Steve Harvey’s career. “You couldn’t be a movie star,” he said. “There are 30,000 new scripts in Hollywood every year. Not one of them asked for a country-bumpkin Black dude that can’t talk good and looks like Mr. Potato Head.”
“Steve told you that he stopped doing stand-up because he has seven TV shows,” Katt continued. “The only problem is when he stopped stand-up, he didn’t have those seven TV shows. He stopped stand-up because he got in a comedy battle called The Championship of Stand-up Comedy with one Katt Williams in Detroit in front of 10,000 people and lost.”
10. At one point, Katt turned his attention to Kanye West and Kim Kardashian as well, calling the businesswoman and icon a “whore” and making comments about Kanye’s mental health.
“I suspect that we’re pretty awful people if we say that somebody got a mental illness and then we watch what they do,” Katt began. “If you say somebody got special needs, then why would you be watching them and holding them accountable like everybody else? Wouldn’t you grade them on a curve? Because, I mean, what are we reacting to? You’re the one that put him in a position where he thought he was God and could call himself Yeezus. And you’re the one that told the guy that writes musical lyrics that he was a genius. You’re the one. So what do you expect? The guy married a whore. I mean, married her because she was one. Not that he didn’t know. He understood that he wanted that. He courted that. That’s what he wanted to base his family on.”
11. Katt went on to claim that Harvey Weinstein allegedly offered to give him oral sex in return for movie roles.
“They canceled me for talking about Harvey Weinstein before the thing came out. But he offered to suck my penis in front of all my people at my agency,” he said.
HBO Entertainment / Via Twitter: @SnowBlackLamont
12. Katt claimed that Chris Tucker had a relationship with Jeffrey Epstein and questioned his friendship with Michael Jackson.
Club Shay Shay , Twitter: @itsavibe
“The Chris Tucker that we got now is Epstein Island Chris Tucker, not Smokey,” Katt said. “…Chris Tucker didn’t wanna be the poster child for smoking weed. He don’t smoke weed like that. He in the church. And he Michael Jackson’s best friend. ‘Christmas.’ Michael Jackson called him Christmas. You ever met a man that gave you a little nickname like that?”
13. Katt had some words for Diddy, claiming “I’ve had to turn down 50 million four times. Four times, just to protect my integrity and that virgin hole I was telling you about. Cause P. Diddy be wanting to party, and you gotta tell him, ‘No!'”
14. Katt also casually mentioned T.D. Jakes in comparison to Diddy, implying that they are both connected. T.D. seemingly addressed these rumors last year.
“When I talked about Michael Jackson, when I talked about R. Kelly, they canceled me for these things. Because ‘Why would you talk about another Black dude?’ Race is not where the line is drawn. It’s God’s side and the other side. And we don’t care nothing about the other side, period. Period. All of these big dick deviants is all catching hell in 2024. It’s up for all of them. It don’t matter if you Diddy or whoever you is. T.D. Jakes, any of them. All lies will be exposed, that’s all.”
New Line Cinema / Via Twitter: @asbel89
15.While speaking about his childhood, Katt claimed that he read 3,000 books a year as a child (that’s about eight books a day) and ran a 4.3 40-yard dash (for reference, the fastest man in the NFL, Tyreek Hill, runs a 4.29).
RBA/FXP / Via Twitter: @TupacShakir_
16. Katt had words for Wanda Smith, with whom he had a viral back and forth with on a radio show back in 2018. He blasted her for calling him gay as a derogatory term.
Club Shay Shay , Twitter: @ArtOfDialogue_
“You can’t flip up on me because you’re an inferior comedian. I’m going to destroy you, and I’m never gonna call you out of your name. I’m never gonna say anything disrespectful to people who look like you. It’s a very thin line I gotta call. But this lady is trying to embarrass me in front of a largely homosexual fan base. That’s why she got canceled. Gay people don’t take it kindly that you would, as a derogatory, call me gay. Gay people don’t feel like it’s derogatory. So why are you trying to shame me with something in a community I don’t even belong in?”
17. Even Michael Blackson caught some strays. “Most comedians don’t get booed enough,” Katt stated. “That’s how you end up with Michael Blackson, who is a real African, doing a fake African accent.”
Club Shay Shay , Twitter: @TrapMoneyKobe_
18. Not even Jonathan Majors was safe from Katt’s two and a half hour long interview. “I didn’t want to get with a white woman cause I was scared she might have me running down the street like Jonathan Majors,” Katt joked. “Not because I didn’t like white women. I think white women are as great as any other women. But I’m not gonna act like I’m not scared of ’em. I have a reason to be scared. You could be Kang the Conqueror and they could take your rabid ass down in two weekends.”
He also made some comments on Majors’ looks, stating, “First of all, they went around the world for two years straight telling any women that would listen that this was a good-looking Negro. Since when? When did y’all start liking a big nose? And when did y’all like a little head and a big jaw? When, since when? That look like my daddy. When you start liking my daddy? You like Black people’s features like that?”
19.Is any comedian safe? Katt continued his tirade by taking shots at Martin Lawrence as well. “Martin tried to put me in my first dress,” Katt said.
PBS / Via Twitter: @fogstandbeetle
20.Taraji P. Henson opened up about pay disparity for Black women in Hollywood and went viral at the end of 2023. Katt shared his thoughts on her comments with Shannon Sharpe.
Shannon need to come behind that Katt Williams interview and hit us with a Taraji Interview
— Queen 🤍🖤 (@Banks2x_) January 5, 2024
Did you watch the Katt Williams interview on Club Shay Shay? What do you think about his statements? Let me know in the comment section below!